12.06.2008

On Feasts, Feasability, Festivities, and Fire Alarms

What a day. I sit writing this at 12:41, the end of my most interesting
and eventful day ever at Bob Jones University.

It started with breakfast. Just breakfast with three friends, which
isn't that unusual, except I never go to breakfast, ever. Allow me
to quote Whatever Happened to MacDonald Hall by Gordon Korman.
"Breakfast!? You!?!" I woke up at 6:40, went back to bed at 8:15,
and woke up again at 10:20.

Then there is the fact that Friday is my easy day. I have Preacher-boys
class, which is essentially a chapel, Speech in the afternoon, and every
other week I have History. Speech and Preacher-boys don't count as
classes, cause all I do is listen to people speak, and History is really
easy.

Me and a friend went off campus this afternoon to a Christian bookstore
and hung out. When we came back we had an amazing dinner, complete with
festive decorations and complimentary candy canes. The lighting
ceremony was right after that, and BJU actually gave us real food. I
was impressed.

The lighting ceremony was sweet. There is a general rule in life.
Whatever you do, do it with friends, guys and girls. We had a blast.
Once I get access to Facebook, pictures will be posted. I sat on
Santa's lap, which was interesting in a weird sorta way, cause I know
it was really a guy my age. A guy's quartet attempted "O Holy Night."
It was bad and hilarious all at the same time.

In addition to all this, I got back from work tonight and sat in the
Johnson dorm's unusually festive lobby. Then the fire alarm went off.
At 12:10 in the morning. Apparently there had been some decorating going
on and the smoke detectors thought the fog machine was on fire. It was
wrong.

That was my wild and crazy day. One week til classes are done, baby!!

No comments: